Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

the Self-Care tag

After I turned 25, I had a mini meltdown which I will later explain. My friend, Tee recently tagged me on the "Self-Care" tag. I waited until my blog was up and running before doing this tag. With the help of Tee, I love the way my blog looks. Which also basically means I can't avoid this any longer and have to actually do the tag. Let's start.


1. What advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today's media and its crushing expectations? 
I doubt I'm any good at giving advice, I rarely follow them. I would say to just be yourself, everyone's different. Discover yourself and be happy. You're not living for anyone else but yourself. Don't fall into society's trap that you have to anybody else. Be your own inspiration.


2. What song puts you in a good mood every time? 
It changes all the time but right now, I'm going to say "Doo Doo" by Troy Ave. Just listen to it. I rock my head side to side every time I hear the chorus.


3. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
I just turned 25 and I'm still not doing much with my life. Which is why I started this blog, hopefully will help me discover myself and what I want to do with my life. I had a major meltdown the other day and my best friend sent me a text. Basically saying that maybe I should start thinking about my future and what I'm doing with my life. Made me realize that I'm 25 and I'm not where I thought I would be a couple years ago. I want to figure out exactly what I want to do with my life and I feel like this blog will definitely be helpful.

4. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
My best friends. Hands DOWN! We have this look we give each other anytime we 100% agree with another. It's a creepy yet funny look. We laugh at the stupidest things. 

5. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn't?
It bugs me that our society can be so judgmental. "You'd look pretty if you were a blonde." "You'd look pretty if you were taller." "Lose some weight and you'll find someone." NO! Fuck that, just be yourself. Nobody is perfect. Be yourself. Imagine how boring it would be if everyone looked alike and did the same stuff over and over? 

6. What is one of your favorite things to do on weekends?
You will find me either at home watching TV, on Instagram, online shopping, sleeping or crafting. I'm great at procrastinating on rearranging my room every weekend. (never happens but it needs too) Sometimes I'm hanging out with my best friend at her house or at a hookah lounge. 

7. What is something you're really proud of that you've done?
I'm proud to say that I went skydiving, I always said I would never have done it. However since I like trying new things and I told my best friend that I would go with her, I had to. Plus I paid for it so there was no going back. Yes, I was panicking on the way up in the plane and my instructor kept joking so it wasn't helping. Yes, when we first jumped out the plane, the first 30 seconds of free fall I had my eyes closed and then opened it up. It was a wonderful experience, the view was amazing. I probably wouldn't do it again but the experience was great.

8. What is one of your favorite memories with a friend?
For my best friend's birthday, a group of us went out for her birthday a couple years ago. After the club closed, we were still wired and turnt up, we went to get blankets and more liquor and drove down to the beach. We talked, laid on the blankets and just bugged out until the sun comes up. Then we drove back home. I got home at 10am that morning. Best spur of the moment for girls night out ever! 

9. What advice would you give to someone who needs a boost of confidence?
More advice giving? I thought we learned from the first question. I'm important. You're important. Every individual is important and unique in their own way. Growing up, I was bullied until my sophomore year of high school. You can imagine the low self esteem that I have endured. I'm shy naturally but I started becoming comfortable with myself as I got older. I seriously think I cried all of my tear ducts dry by high school. I started thinking 'I'm me, like it or not. IDGAF'. I'm here for a reason and I'm going to figure it out. There's always going to be a bully, someone's always going to want to bring you down. That person is a hater, its up to you to pick up your chin, just think of "IDFWU" by Big Sean and walk off.

10. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
I'm going to start taking time off for myself. Start taking care of myself. Let go of all the negativity in my life. Start doing yoga and hot yoga more in life. Start trying things that I've been wanting to try for the longest. Oh and excuse my language but to stop fucking with fuck boys.



I'm glad that Tee tagged me because this tag gave me an insight to myself . I wouldn't mind doing another tag or a challenge. For now, I'll be tagging a friend of mines, Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment